We, at Candid Info provide website maintenance services to improve the performance of our client’s site. There are certain features you must check on quarterly basis to review the site. The same is done by our site maintenance experts also. This helps us in knowing what are the ideal steps we can take to keep the website effective. So, here are the top 10 check-up points for your website:
Most of the people make a website for their business without figuring out what they exactly want the website to do. You must know that website can make or break a business. You can create leads with websites, make sales, communicate with customers, educate visitors and create a community for your brand. Make sure that your website is more than just an online brochure. So, before you get a website made, find out what you expect it to do for your business.
- Conversion RateConversion rate is derived from the amount of people who convert into what you want them to do divided by the total number of people who visited the site. This will tell you the effectiveness of the website.
- Cost per ConversionFind out the total amount invested in running the website for one month and divide it with number of conversions. In this way, you will get better idea of the effectiveness of the site and ROI.
Design and Brand Development
You have to judge brand development conceptually, as it cannot be measured like conversion or cost per conversion rate. It you want your business to grow and survive in long-term, concentrate on brand development. Consider these factors to develop a brand:
- Look and FeelDoes your site carry the fresh and exciting look? Are you able to communicate right message about your company through the website? Does you site look cute instead of being cutting-edge? Is the website made as per the current trends?
- User FeedbackIt is important to know if your customers like your website? Check out the number of complaints or compliments your website has received? Find out if your website even provide features to customers to give their feedback.
- Neglected SectionsDoes you website has some parts that are rarely updated or neglected? Do you still need those parts? Check out analytics to know the pages that are visited the most and what is the user experience.
- MultimediaAre multimedia elements present in your site? If yes, make sure they are not outdated or inappropriate for the site page. Make sure that the load time should not be slow for the multimedia pages.
Right keyword usage is essential for the site as it keeps the content focused and helps in ranking the website higher on search engines. You should constantly evaluate and adjust the keywords. Ask these questions:
- How well does the site rank for the keywords?Use keyword tools like SeoBook’s Rank Checker to find out how the website is doing on major search engines. If the ranking is poor, its time to change it. In case you are doing fine, find out the plus points of the site.
- Find out keywords working well for you.Use keyword tools to find out the keywords that are attracting most visitors to your website. This will help you in finding out how each keyword is converting. Put yourself into the shoes of customer and try to find your site by using certain keywords. Are your keywords making sense to him? If not, then change them.
Security should be one of the major concerns when you are updating the site. If the site is made on open source platform like WordPress, Droopal or Joomla, check its security features regularly. You can ask following questions to yourself:
- Has somebody hacked my website?If yes, then find out if you have taken the right steps for security. In case you have recently changed the passwords, then there is a need to get deeper into the matter. A hacked site is dangerous because it can destroy your credibility in front of the users.
- Do you have latest versions of open source content management system?By keeping the open source platforms updated, you will get latest patches and security processes.
If your site is outdated or not performing well on the above discussed criteria, its time to update it. Pay attention to the design and function features of the website. In case the site is really poor in these areas, there is not harm in redesigning it. Some people might be reluctant to the whole idea of redesigning, but it will be easier and quick as you have learned a lot from the previous site designing experience. There are chances of the website harming your brand image because of poor features, lower ranking and unprofessional presentation. So, get it redesigned as soon you can. Even after getting the new site, it is essential to keep a track of its performance on quarterly basis. If you will constantly evaluate and update your site, it will positively affect your advertising, sales and brand positioning.
Get access to SEO Book’s Rank Checker.
Know more about Candid’s Website Redesigning Services.
Security Compass has introduced a firefox add-on “SQL Inject Me.” It will submit your form and replace the values in the existing form field with strings that are considered as possible attack. This tool will send all the possible database escape string as well as search for any error messages returned. Finally, it will render as HTML format in page.
Once you have installed the addon, go to Tools-> SQL Inject Me-> Open SQL Inject Me Sidebar. You will find a sample form that will proceed an update action into database while form is being posted. To make sure the form is tested, fill in the fields with good values and mark the checkbox.
Here a sample of the tool, after you test the form for all attacks:
To know more about testing and other web development services, click here.
It is true that you cannot manage your e-commerce website unless you are measuring its effectiveness at regular period. The very first step in this regard is to get a breakdown of the traffic by using some form of analytics. Candid has an extensive experience and sound knowledge of e-commerce sites & suggests clients to use Google Analytics to evaluate their site’s performance.
When you are tracking the numbers on your website, you will still need to do some calculation to know how it’s performing. Follow these four basic methods that are highly helpful for e-commerce websites:
When a person visits your site and does what you want him to do, this is called conversion. It could be anything from making a purchase to leaving a comment in the section.
Identify the goal pages in Google Analytics to track your total conversion rate. You can make the thank you page as your goal that will come after somebody places an order.
The next step is to divide the total conversions by the number of visitors. You can see the total traffic in numerous ways. The highest result would be achieved by considering page views but this is least accurate because the same visitor can see other pages also.
You can also consider the total visits, which tells the number of people who visited your site including the visitors who returned again. An absolute unique visitors option is also present, where you won’t get the record of people visiting the page for the second or more time.
It is better to consider visits for getting accurate conversion rate because it is more conservative and accurate measure for the calculation.
The formula for finding out conversion rate is:
Conversion Rate = Total Conversions/Visits
Cost per Conversion
If you have a high conversion rate, it doesn’t mean you are doing a good business. Cost per Conversion is a more accurate way of judgment. You can calculate Cost per Conversion by:
Cost per Conversion = Monthly Website Expenses/Total Conversions
Do not forget to consider all the costs of your website including web design and development, SEO, online marketing, web hosting, PPC, blog writing and more.
Suppose you are spending $1,817 per month and the number of conversions in the month are 50. Then you Cost per Conversion would be $36.34.
If you are making more than $36.34 on every conversion, you are getting benefited.
Average Profit per Conversion
If you know your average profit or loss on every conversion, it will help you in making a budget and planning for future. You can also set online sales goals after knowing this. The formula is:
(Gross Revenue from Website – Total Costs)/Total Conversions = Average Profit per Conversion
The total costs should include all the costs apart from web costs.
It describes the number of people who started to convert on your website and dropped out later. If the rate is high, it means the site is inefficient or you have to check out the conversion process. Abandonment rate is calculated by:
(Number of Visits to the Conversion Page – Number of Visits to the Goal Page)/Number of Visits to the Conversion Page
If you don’t have Google Analytics, click here.
Know more about our Web Development Service. Click here.
One of the newest and hottest internet activities now is Social Networking. It is one of the simplest way to build online communities of people who share the same interests. At Candid, we understand the importance of social networking, as it help boost ranking opportunities and attract the target audience’s attention. Indeed it’s playing a major role in website promotion and SEO process.
The social network websites (also known as Social Sites) offer a wide range of services such as:
- Messaging (Email, IM, Chat Room)
- Sharing Photos and Videos
- Events Organization
- Group Discussion
- News Publishing
In the past few years, the number of social sites has increased drastically. Some of the most popular sites nowadays are Facebook, Myspace, Orkut, Twitter and more.
According to Alexa Ranking the top 25 social sites are:
- 360 Yahoo
Reasons for Social Networking:
Here are some of the main reasons behind the popularity of online social networking:
- Lack of time.
- Allow people to be more open.
- Learn and share from others in a fast paced environment.
- A new way to find content.
Reports suggest that the power of social networking is still spreading around. The process behind these social sites is that massive amount of people visit these sites, who later tell their friends to create an account on the site and the process continues.
“Facebook is probably so popular, because of the massive amounts of teenagers that go on the site. Those teenagers probably tell their friends to get a Facebook account, and wala, you have a domino effect.”
The social networking sites allow you to keep in touch with your friends from work, universities and other sources. It helps you build your own network and keep track of every update of your friends. The growth of a social site greatly depends on the applications, games and other activities available on it. In short, these application is all about sharing and communication that helps in sharing and communication.
In simple words, social networking sites help people pass their free time and have some fun.
If you want to know more about social networking and other relevant SEO services, click here.
Page load time is crucial for a website, as a lesser time interval indicates that you value your visitors and don’t want to keep them waiting at any cost. Candid knows the importance of Page Load time and always ensures that it uses tools like WatchMouse Web Monitor in the web designing services to give your site a lesser page load duration.
Whether it is the page size or the number of elements present on it, we check out everything to give your website the lowest possible page load time. This expertise of ours is getting us more clients who are looking for advanced website designing solutions.
If you are still confused about how to know the time taken by your website or blog in loading up at different parts of the world, use the WatchMouse Web Monitor Tool. It will tell the accurate load time, connect and download time along with the download size of the page. You will also get to know if you encountered any error while accessing the site.
Check out the WatchMouse Tool.
Know more about our Custom Website Designing Service.