Have you ever come across a website and thought that it looks amazing? Do you think your own website could be made better? If you want to make changes to your website but do not know where to start, here is a list of some common mistakes that you should avoid that will help you make your website look and do good.
- Information Overload: Make sure your website does not contain all the important information right at one place, that is the homepage. Rather than cramming all the important information on the homepage itself, have a top navigation bar displaying different sections to find different information.
- Complex web design: Your website should not be difficult to navigate. If it is, and the users find it difficult to find the information they are looking for, they will go find it elsewhere. Keep the web design simple and the elements user friendly.
- No call to action: If your website is not using clear call to action, you are missing on the opportunity to turn your visitors into prospective customers. When a user lands on your website, you want them to take an action. By incorporating a CTA you are encouraging them to take that action.
- Ineffective design elements: Make sure the design elements on your website go with the overall look. They should neither be too flashy nor too dull. Keep the fonts simple and easy to read. The design should be uniform throughout the site and the color palette consistent.
- Not Compatible with mobile devices: With more and more people using mobile devices to access the Internet, it is crucial for your site to be mobile friendly. In fact 74% mobile users say that a mobile friendly site encourages them to revisit the site.
- Poor content: Users are not going to like a website copy that is not well written, stuffed with keywords and filled with jargon. Content is what matters. Make sure your website content is enticing and uses the relevant keywords. Take care that the copy is neither too long or too short. Avoid repetitive and dull words and phrases.
- Old and outdated information: Another common mistake is failing to keep your website copy updated with the latest information. Keep on adding fresh content from time to time and make sure it is accurate. Also check for broken links.
- Not blogging for your business: Blogging for business is important not only because it improves your organic search engine rankings but also helps you engage with your audience by starting a conversation. Blogs let you generate fresh content for your readers that solves their common problems and establishes trust.
Your website helps your audience develop the first impression about your business. So make sure this first impression is a good one. By making these quick changes you can help your website turn into a great marketing tool, drive more traffic and eventually generate sales. Have you got some other suggestions that you would like to include in this list? Let us know by commenting below.