We have handpicked some blogs which boast of interesting and inspiring footers. These blogs show how footers play an important role in the overall design of the blogs. In some of them you’ll find that the footers showcase attractive visual elements and in some of them the footers provide navigation or other helpful information for visitors.
CSS-Tricks: A beautiful turquoise blue footer that also provides information about the author.
Wordpress blog themes been pretty popular these days and with our developers churning our almost one theme a day! its time we share some of the tricks for the designer in you.
We have compiled a list of tutorials to help the designers understand as to how one can develop WordPress Themes.
Designing for WordPress: Chris Coyier of CSS-Tricks has provided with a three part video in order to install WordPress. Here is the example.
- Modular, with themes. Not only HTML is separated from CSS, but even CSS definitions are categorized into structural and thematic types. Thus creating a new drop-down means creating only a new theme since structure is permanent. What is more, creating a new theme is easy with available templates and takes 10-15 mins.
- Easily deployable. The code and files are well organized. Available channels to hook up to your CMS or other tools as well as existing websites in XHTML format.
- Easily transformable. Can be transformed by changing class name only. Available transformations: horizontal, vertical left-to-right, vertical right-to-left, horizontal linear, horizontal upwards.
- Cross browser. Configurations available for Windows Internet Explorer 5 or later, Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or later, Opera 7 or later, Apple Safari 2 or later.
- Super Fast. With the above mentioned features, it is not affected by any disturbances whatsoever.
- Continuous development. The project is constantly revised and improved.
“The Web-based tool, called Smush It, can perform multiple operations to shrink graphics file sizes without impairing visual appeal,” Chris Heilmann of the Yahoo! Developer Network said in a blog post.